Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A walk in the Lake District

I haven't been at all good about updating this blog for a long time. I'm still not sure what the long-term future for it is, but for now, I thought I'd add a few pictures that I took on a recent walk in the Lake District. We spent a fortnight in Cumbria and managed to do a number of lovely walks: more pictures soon, hopefully.

On this occasion, we walked from the little village of Braithwaite, just outside Keswick, up to the top of Grisedale Pike, and then across onto Coledale Hawse, and from there, down and along Coledale Beck, and back to Braithwaite. A beautiful walk of perhaps 6 or 7 miles. Although the weather wasn't magnificent, the clouds decided not to encroach on our route, getting trapped just a few hundred yards away from us on Hobcarton Crags. Anyone familiar with that part of the Lake District will recognise it as a very common route.

You can see full size pictures on my Picasa Web site, and you should be able to see a small slideshow below. Follow the link for this post to see the big pictures. And while you're there, take a look at the rest of my pictures on Picasa Web: Google have recently made a lot of improvements to this site, so I'm hoping to use it more.


4 comments:

Keir said...

Good grief - he is alive. He posts! In yearly installments!

For some reason I've had your blog in my web browser blog folder for the last year. I never thought I'd see the day.

Keir said...

You don't come back here and read comments much, do you?

Keir said...

I do though.

Neal said...

Keir, you are so random!